Edit: 1st May 2012 . If you’re a creative person you should think about getting paid first. If you’re in business you need to think more creatively to win.
Either way I suggest you embrace reality which is – you need to make money first in order to allow you the time to create work you truly love.
Things are stirring in the Bootstrap Cafe Back Room; dark plans are hatching for people that want to do what they love and actually get paid for it. We know that’s not normally allowed, but we don’t care.
Ever wanted to Write and get paid for it? Well you can.
In fact if you’re doing anything creative you can get paid, or even just spread awareness of your work far more effectively online, because great work should never be led by money.
But there’s an IF. Several actually. Thankfully they’re small barriers.
- If you’re prepared to take a few hours out like I did this morning and write a short ten to fifteen page guide about a subject you enjoy using Open Office (which is free).
- If you convert your short guide to PDF format by clicking a button on Open Office
- If you upload the PDF to Issuu (again free) – voila! You are now a published Author
- I’m not a Writer – neither am I, just write in your own voice, people will relate to the real you. Don’t be afraid
- I haven’t got the time – say you spent three to five hours writing a guide that earned you a passive income forever, that would create more time. Turn off the television and start writing
- It won’t be as good as other books – that’s totally subjective! It doesn’t have to be perfect, it can still work well.